Monday, May 5, 2014

Fire of Faith (May 4th)

G'day all!!

This past week has been quite filled with the spirit. We had to push our baptism back another week due to some complications with Hayden and his extended family (last minute holiday stuff) so we pushed it back. It'll be good though because it gives him more time to prepare and us to help him!!!


Anyway, we had a Zone Conference with Elder Hamula, from the Seventy. My goodness this man smashed us with the Spirit. He taught about our Eternal Heritage and how we are MORE than we really think we are. "If you knew what power you had, you'd move mountains." 
That was such an eye opener to me. Knowing as a servant of the Lord that when we exercise that faith, miracles will happen. We were told that in all honesty, the only thing that keeps us from changing is OURSELVES. WE have the God given power to Choose things. 

If we accept that agency and just press forward striving to make those right choices, we'll be blessed. I know that is true. Here is an example (with a pending result):

Yesterday was Sunday and we had some time to go do some finding. We knocked on a potential investigators door and she finally answered! Her name is Karmeni and she is from India. She has a hindu background but wants to know more about Christ and His church. We were at the door, in the pouring rain talking to her when she finally invited us in... The moment we had to teach her about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ... and we couldn't go in. Why do you ask? Well, as missionaries we are not allowed to go into homes of women without a male being present. There was no male present. The thought came into my mind, as well as my companion Elder Newell. "It'll be okay. She has small children anyway." But, something inside both of us stopped us from entering, even if we wanted to. I made the decision and told her we could not. She understood, and told us that when her husband comes home in a month they'd go to church and see for themselves. That was awesome, but Elder Newell and I felt that maybe our chance was lost. I knew, however, that "there is a law irrevocably decreed in Heaven, before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated. And when we receive any blessings from God, it is by OBEDIENCE to the law upon which it is predicated." (Look up D&C 130:20-21).

I knew we kept that rule, that commandment, that Law. We followed, and it was relatively willingly I'd say. I KNOW that we will have another chance to see her and her family, and to teach them about the Gospel and it's beauties, about Jesus Christ and His Atonement that allows us all to have purpose and LASTING peace. IT WILL HAPPEN.


So stay tuned for some news about that ^^^

As for anything else... it's rained every day for about 2 weeks straight! I love the coolness and the noise against the roof of the flat when we are sleeping at night. All is well here in Australia. I'M KEEN AS FOR MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You're in my thoughts. (At least EVERYONE that reads this will have had crossed my mind since my 13 months as a missionary). Thank you for your prayers andlLove. It's far reaching and is helping me become better, and that helps me know how to help OTHERS become the best that Heavenly Father KNOWS they can be. We just have to know who we are, why we are here, what's important, and that God loves us each.



-Elder Sargeant

No comments:

Post a Comment