Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Week of MADNESS (March 1)

yad'g lla! Siht keew sah neeb emosewa!!!
G'day all! This week has been awesome!!!

I'll just jump straight into it since I don't have much time. 

First of all, thank you for all the prayers on behalf of our investigators. You can see the amazing impact it is having on them and helping us to find more people to be taught! Loia and Clem didn't come to church again, but it's because their family is in town and it's the last week before the family returns home to NZ. They will be coming and enjoying the blessings waiting for them.

Loia has been reading the Book of Mormon and has a sincere desire to learn more. YOu can see it every time we come by that he yearns for the Spirit. I'm not sure if he realizes it or not but he does. You can see it in his eyes as he listens, speaks, and asks us questions. He's a cool Samoan man.


So, the highlight of the week was when we were able to have Elder Bednar come to speak to us as a mission!!! Goodness me the spirit was strong as and I was personally able to learn a thing or two. My favourite part was just at the end when he said "I love you all." 

Those words seemed to enter into our hearts and minds with a power that only comes from sincerity. Love is a powerful feeling, and an even more powerful motivation. I love feeling love!

I wish I could go into detail about what went down at the conference, but let I'll let you know the key players involved.

Elder David A. Bednar and his wife. Elder Robbins of the Presidency of the Seventy and his wife, and Elder Halek and his wife of the Area Presidency.
They all asked us questions, answered our questions, and just made it all down to earth. Two of my favourite parts are these quotes that we heard:

1) " A person rarely rises above the stature he/she carves out for him/herself as a missionary on his/her mission." -Elder Robbins.


2) Elder Bednar said, " You don't have to have an Apostle of the Lord come for you to have experiences like this. You have the Holy Ghost and the Scriptures. That's all you need. I have the same scriptures as you. I wasn't given one with a cheat sheet in the back when I was called."

^ I thought this one was particularly good. He's a funny man. He understands how people feel, and he addresses it really well.


Well, time is far spent. It was a great week. Keep Loia and Clem in your prayers please! They need all the faith and prayers possible. They're so close!!

With Love,

Elder Sargeant

No comments:

Post a Comment