Saturday, March 21, 2015

Twilight hours (March 15)

The end is drawing near, and yet.... SHE'LL BE RIGHT MATE!!!!!

G'day g'day!! Hope you've all had a fantastic week these past 7 days, I know I have and we've been so blessed with some experiences and meeting some fantastic people and having the joy of knowing we are doing what is right and what matters most.

Sometimes I feel like Nephi  "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing before hand the things which I should do."

I love that. I have felt so blessed this past week to have had some experiences that encompass and bring to life the reality of that Scripture found in 1 Nephi 4:6. I probably failed the actually word for word quote but all good. 

I don't know if I ever relayed this experience but a few weeks ago the other Elders reset the lock combination on their bike lock and couldn't figure out what to do to fix it. They left their bikes at the local Macas (McDonalds for you American speaking folks. ;) ) Early one morning instead of doing our exercises we drove to where the bikes were and tried to figure it out. My wonderful companion, after many attempts by us to unlock the bikes, offered this simple solution:

"Let's say a prayer." I felt a bit silly about it at first, but then thought that it's a good idea. So there we were, outside the Macas, four soldiers of Jesus Christ, arms folded, heaps bowed, offering a simple prayer to God. Many would think, "what is that going to do?"

I testify of His reality. He hears our simple prayers.

We closed our plea to God and got back to work! Every good prayer requires action.

After some attempts the lock was still not budging and our minds became a little discouraged. Did He help us? Why isn't it working?

One of the Elders said, " I'm pretty sure I just reset it by mistake... but only two of the numbers." 

Instantly a simple thought came to mind to try to twist the last 2 numbers over to a certain set of numbers. I can't remember the exact numbers... but *click* the lock opened.

You may think that God doesn't hear your pleas, but He does. I learned a valuable lesson. I can do all things in Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

I'm grateful that God hears us!


Next, we were blessed with meeting a woman by the name of Shauna. She told us to come back the next day but due to some unfortunate circumstances, namely us Elders being slack as with our poor planning, missed out...

We went back on the Saturday morning hoping to have some redemption. WE DID! She came to the door after a couple knocks and we had a great conversation with her. She expressed how she used to get smashed every week, 4 days out of the 7, and that her life was not what she wanted it to be. She gave birth to her first  and only son, and her life changed. Nothing was for her anymore, but all for him. 

We talked to her, and felt inspired to share with her about the Plan that God has given to us. We each have a  role, and He has given us families to live in, and a way of life that protects us and helps us become better people. This is called the Gospel, or teachings, of Jesus Christ. Hence, why He refers Himself as "The way." He makes it possible.

The Spirit burned in our chests, or at least it did in mine and I KNOW she felt it too! Her eyes were open, not just her eye lips uncovering the eye balls, but her eyes were open. Her heart felt and her ears heard the truth that underlined the words uttered by missionaries called of God. She said she wants to learn more, to gain hope, and have this understanding. We;re going back soon.


I love this work! I love serving. I love being weak and useless... but being turned into someone better because I CHOOSE TO BE! God wants me to grow, and in His power I can do so, but only if we choose it to be. The wonderful gift we have been given.

Hope you all can forgive me for ranting on, but it meant a lot to me.

Another little, (forgive me for the terminology mum) tender mercy was Sunday Sacrament meeting. RACHEL AND JASE HOWE CAME TO CHURCH TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AGES!!!!!!! WOO!!! We sat next to them and it was great to see them. I feel a great love for these two. They're truly my brother and sister. They always give us stuff too... which makes them even better. <--- Jokes, but if you read this know we love the eSHots.


Well the time is far spent, there is little remaining. The final descent is here. 1 week remaining. WOO! 

Love you all!

-Elder Sargeant



Our stake had an epic athletics day and we got to attend. Wish I could attach it all but here we go: 


No comments:

Post a Comment