Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Power of Yes (Nov 2)

G'day all!!!!


What a powerful week of adventure and experiences!! LET JUMP STRAIGHT INTO IT!!!


First of all, just a shout out to my brother Sam Gish! What a stud! He finishes his mission soon as and I'm so excited for the things he will be doing in the future. You must have had an amazing mission, and many wonderful experiences because I've seen you grow heaps. I'm stoked to see you again brother!!! Enjoy all those ladies that will be fighting for you tooth and nail ;)


So, this week started with a trip up north. 4 hours up, to exchange with the District Leader and his companion. I was blessed to go with Elder Hynds. We had some really cool chats with each other about our goals, experiences, the mission, and were yelled at a few times by some grumpy as old people who said we didn't know Jesus. I just laughed. We had a good chat at the end of our exchange and I've seen how the Spirit has influenced this missionary to change for the better. He has seen the impact that working has vs the impact of not working! HE WANTS TO BECOME BETTER. That made my heart sing.



Then we were blessed to have Zone conference where we were taught about Power of knowing who we are and what that means. We've been focusing heaps on this idea dn it's been a blessing to me for sure. My companion and I did a training on Teaching with Power, but we did an exercise that was so spiritual that I had never done before. We lined everyone up like so:


1   2    3   4  5   6   7  8  9   10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20



Even our Mission President and his wife joined. We took each other by the hands for 10 seconds and just looked into each other's eyes. What a cool experience. I have never done it before... and I felt so much love for each missionary. I felt their qualities, experiences and who they were. I saw the things they had that made them the person I had known, and the person that Heavenly Father knows. I was filled with something I've haven't felt in ages. It was awesome! 


Well, please save your prayers for our investigator named Malcolm. He wants to be baptised, and knows he should but he's scared and doesn't think he can do it. We had one of the most powerful lessons I've ever been in with him and his fellowship Anker and Kelly Fuglsang.

HE NEEDS HELP OVERCOMING HIS FEAR!!! PLease pray for him to find strength. He WILL do it! :)

I bear my witness that this gospel is true.
LOVE YOU ALL!!

-Elder Sargeant

No comments:

Post a Comment