Sunday, March 23, 2014

Just keep finding...just keep finding... (March 23)

G'day g'day! How ya goin??

This week was awesome. It was filled with many opportunities to talk to wonderful people because... well... we don't know anyone!! The ward is awesome have taken us in straight away. So far, one of my favourite families is the Kwong family. They have 5 siblings who all served missions, and one of them is the Elder Quorum President. He served in a tiny island near Fiji where apparently he never had a solid toilet experience... poor guy. 

Elder Newell and I have had some fun times talking to various people and one of the biggest miracles we saw this week was how we would just go out with faith knowing that Heavenly Father would lead us where His prepared children were. 

Well... Thursday morning we decided to do some finding of potentials that the other missionaries gave us. Within 20 minutes we contacted 1 of those potentials and were able to get 3 return appointments. HOW LEGIT IS THAT!? It's amazing how exercising faith can bring those blessing.

We also found a Kiwi family where the husband was born into a half LDS family half Catholic family. His mum was less active but he grew up going to church. He said we could come back and see him and his family... with 7 kids! WHAT?!?!

AMAZING!!!!!

The best part of the week, in my opinion, was going to the Melbourne Temple for the first time, and it's been about 11 months since I last went in!

The spirit in that place just electrified me. My goodness, there is no greatest place on earth to be than the Temple of the Lord, His Holy House :)

I came out with a buzz to do missionary work like Never before! It's amazing.

I've learned heaps lately about Charity, and it's effects. To me, I learned from Paul in 1 cor 13:  
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor , and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
Basically... without Charity in our hearts we profit nothing. As a missionary I've learned that really going out with the intent to serve and bring others to Christ helps my heart to change. That commitment to Him and His work has enabled me to put aside all fears, struggles, and problems and know that I can do it with His help.
Sorry for the bold...
Anyway, we get to go to the City for Zone P-day next week so I'll attach heaps of photos. So far... the only animals we've seen that are remotely interesting are possums! They crawl all over our fence at night and in the morning.
Shout out to my Brother ELDER C. GISH!!! Smashing it in NZ! Love ya heaps bro.
Well, that's it for the week. All is well and we're seeing miracles.
The Church is true. :)
-Elder Sargeant



The Bendigo Bros: Elders: Hirata, Tojong, Sargeant, Worsencroft

No comments:

Post a Comment