Monday, August 11, 2014

HE WASN'T READY!!!!!! (Aug 10)

G'day all! Hopefully this email finds you happy and safe!
 
This past week seemed to last for ages, but it was a good week! We were able to see some miracles and see the wonderful blessings flow over us here, and all over Tasmania. I'll start with exchanges up in the NW coast of Tas!
 
We went with Elder Pain who is struggling with his testimony of the gospel and is having a hard time working. We went out with him and mainly were there to let him talk about what his struggles are. It was so sad to hear about that... that he didn't know the answer if it was true before he came out. He wants it, and expected his mission to tell him it, but I think he probably has missed his answer. We challenged him to read the Book of Mormon and to find out if it was true. He said he'd give it a go and next time we're going to pray together with him as we study together. That'll be powerful.
 
Burnie is pretty dang cold (this is the NW coast) and to illustrate this point... I would normally have attached  photo of some penguins... but my camera is not with me. All goods! They are the smallest little things and I think Elder Cavanaugh and I blinded one with our camera flashes by mistake. The poor little guy fell over into the water and then about 2 minutes later hopped back up. It was crack up watching him get smashed by the waves. He just soldiered on though.

Then we drove back and began our day, but we've found that honking at sheep while driving through the country side causes them to flock like wild geese. It's HILARIOUS... and probably very immature... 

The coolest thing happened on Monday though. Our investigator Jeff GOT HIS ANSWER!!!! He had a dream where he was told that he needed to be baptised. The purpose? So he could receive the Holy Ghost and be born of the Spirit. That way he'd learn to grow his Faith in Jesus Christ and then he'd gain the answers he is seeking. I was pretty blown away. We got a text on Monday night that said "Hey guys, I want to call you regarding baptism..." How legit! I WAS SO HAPPY! Heavenly Father pulling out the big guns! Now he is striving to live the commandments and loves coming to church. He and Ebbi, his partner, are the best.

Had a pretty cool experience yesterday! Yesterday we went to the home of a Sudanese man named Theogin. He is a Christian and is friends with a preacher named Jo who has bashed with us before. We went to Theogin's house and who was there? ... Jo. We knew it'd be a waste of time. He called us anti-Christs and said we taught false doctrine. I remember just feeling that I needed to bear my testimony. So I did. And I can't even remember what I said but I never felt such a power come through me as it did at this time. The men were silent as they stared at the floor, and Doctrine and Covenants 100:5-8 came to my mind. I'm grateful for the Spirit and for the testimony that God gives us! IT'S A POWER LIKE NO OTHER. HE WASN'T READY!!!!!---for the Gospel in it's fullness. Some people...


PS- THANKS PAPA GISH FOR THE LETTERS. They mean heaps to me and also a special thanks to SISTER WILSON! You're the best and those notes are hilarious. They keep me going.

Well, that's about it! Thanks for your emails and your prayers. :)

With Love,

Elder Sargeant

No comments:

Post a Comment