Monday, April 14, 2014

'Our Four Minutes' (April 13)

G'day g'day!

What a powerhouse week of miracles and fun! We were blessed so much this week with people to teach and experiences to be had. To start, let's just get into Conference. MY GOODNESS HOW AMAZING WAS THAT?!?! I have to admit that I've never taken away so much from a conference in my LIFE. I love the prophet, the words they spoke, and I know they are true.


Anyway, I loved the quote "This is our Four minutes." from Gary E. Stevenson.

My goodness how true dinkum is that! FAIR DINKUM MATE! FAR OUT! Naw, but on a more serious note there are few things more important that this life. I loved the idea of knowing that we are able to improve and grow each day as that is something that I am doing heaps these past weeks in Waverly. Growing often comes with pain. Why complain? It means something is changing inside of us, hopefully, if we are doing what is right. I've come to love that growing pain of repentance that has been given to us as a gift from Jesus Christ because of His suffering and Atonement. It boggles my mind how it all works, but I know it does.


This week was full of RAIN. HEAPS of rain..  SO MUCH RAIN that it didn't stop for four days straight! luckily, there were no floods in these parts but up north was hit by a cyclone as bad as Hurricane Katrina. That's Bad.

Yesterday we had a cool experience after conference. We were going to visit some former investigators that had been taught about 1 year ago that lived a fair distance away. We drove to the curb of the street, said our prayer, got our copies of the Book of Mormon with pamphlets ready, and scurried out the door. We were shouted at by a lady across the street who seemed a bit flustered. We waved and she glided over to us and asked for directions to the Library. This was difficult for someone like me... who has a HORRIBLE sense of Direction when it comes to areas of the City, unless I actually go there frequently and Don't have a GPS. Anyway, we attempted to help her and found out some interesting things about this girl named Cassandra. 

1) She is a AVID fan of Twilight, vampires, and anything pertaining to it.
2) She didn't know that the author of Twilight is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
3) She just got out of jail.
4) She went to church in jail and found solace in and comfort from God.
5) She wanted us to come and teach her.

With these things in mind, we were so BLESSED. Someone came and sought US for something and in return we were able to fail at helping her but provide her with a copy of the Book of Mormon. Hopefully she'll see that that is a priceless gift from God.


Then, we rocked up to the house of the formers and they had JUST gotten home as we finished talking to Cassandra. Perfect timing, what up.

We talked to them, taught them about Jesus Christ and set a return appointment. One man, named Nelson was born Hindu. He quietly sat back and listened but as we handed him the Book of Mormon, we watched him start reading it to himself as he seemed to utter the words contained under his breath. Elder Newell and I have high hopes for this man who's stutter causes him insecurities. It's amazing to know that those insecurities can be cured through Christ!



I wish something funny happened that I could share, or some ridiculously amazing experience that would blow peoples minds! 

Unfortunately, this is something I did not have this week. However, I can say that this week was a blessing. That despite the rainy days... I found happiness in them. I didn't have to see the rainbow at the end to see the blessings. I'm grateful for this experience and I'm grateful for the love, prayers, and MANY letters I receive weekly from so many wonderful people. THANK YOU ALL. YOU ARE LOVED!



Enjoy your week! Enjoy your warmer weather! 

-Elder Sargeant

No comments:

Post a Comment