Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gratitude is the Ultimate Sign of Humility (April 6)

G'day all,


What a week this has been... let's just get right into it.

You ever had one of those moments where a thought pops into your mind as you're thinking deeply about stuff? Me too! I had it folding laundry. <-- who would have thought you'd hear me say that?!?

Anyway, i was thinking about one of my past companions and how we used to do little acts of service for each other: ironing shirts, folding laundry, putting in each others laundry, making breakfast for each other, etc. and the thought came to my mind about how grateful I was. I then reflected on why I didn't always feel so grateful for the IMMENSE blessings I receive daily. Then it hit me... this thought came to my mind. "Gratitude is the ultimate sign of Humility." 
How true that is... Heavenly Father has given us heaps, and every blessing we receive is always for our progression and benefit to one day see HIM. Even if those blessings are trials, we should be grateful. 

It's amazing how much you learn from doing those little things.


Anyway, on to the next portion of my week! So, Elder Newell and I have been blessed HEAPS with miracles. Like, there are always little miracles but we've seen some serious ones.

There is a less active man named Finley Ball. He is about as Aussie as you can get mate. "G'day mate....ah fair dinkum... I'm good mate, thanks mate... mate...mate...mate... I was watching the tele...." etc

Just... yeah it's awesome. He has been less active for 10 years and was praying to God for guidance of what he needed to do in his life. Next day.. SISTER MISSIONARIES GO AND VISIT HIM!

They referred him to us and we visited him. We talked for ages about his life, the Book of Mormon, and he told us we answered his prayer. It's AMAZING. You just get these little ideas in your mind. Listen to them! If it's anything good just DO IT because it brings miracles.

His son, Hayden, isn't a member and is 17 years old. He joined in on our conversation, and the second time we saw him he asked us to be baptised. Apparently he's always wanted to be but was waiting for his chance to do it.

Just amazing.


So, I finally got my companion to join me in Choir! We have a Elder named Elder Hollist in our district that seriously blows my mind with how well he sings, so.. we're in stake choir, ward choir, etc. etc. What a blessing music is.


On P'day we went to the City for the first time! (At least for Elder Newell and me), and we went to this tower called 'Skydeck.' It's 88 floors high and you can see the entire city, and Tassie on a good clear day as well! That was heaps of fun and a thrill for me since it was the first time I road the train in Melbourne. It reminds me a little bit of Boston. Smaller, but still legit.




Good stuff. Well, I hope all is well with you all! This is short, and to the point but that's how the week went. Can't believe I've been out for a year already.


-Elder Sargeant

No comments:

Post a Comment