Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fast weeks... slow days (Feb 16th)

G'day all!! 

This past week was intense and wonderful, and it went by QUICK AS.


Well, last Monday was a bit depressing... my companion and I were muckin around after emails. We found a gecko in the chapel so of course, being the goofy Elders we are we decided to take photos of it on our faces (or attempt to). I think Heavenly Father must have been angry because we, I'm sorry to say, trying to take pictures of it in the chapel. ( I KNOW I KNOW STUPID.) So, why do I say that?? Because... as Elder Hirata put the gecko on my face to take a photo, it jumped off, Elder Worsencroft smacked my camera... and it broke :(

Sad day. I love that camera...still do. However there is more to the story.

The week has gotten less hot, and the miracles just keep on a coming. We've had some pretty intense fasts in the mission, and in our Zone. We fasted for miracles in our areas, and a mighty change of heart. I've come to see these happen so evidently in our areas. They haven't come in the way I would have imagined, but they are what Heavenly Father wants and what I believe he wants for Elder Worsencroft and me.

For me, I've always wanted to be a good teacher. Since the beginning of my mission, I learned obedience, work ethic, and diligence. I've come to love the scriptures, but teaching was something I needed help with. The Spirit is always the way so we had success, but I wanted to change.

Let me tell you... the Lord provides a way. Our ward has 5 Return missionaries that usually give us advice. Our Ward Mission Leader (WML) is a LEGIT teacher. He has been teaching us HEAPS and helping us learn how we can do so. We had mission prep yesterday and he taught us how to teach to active members to build their faith.

We took his advice, and it WORKS. We shared a lesson that night at the Rechter family home, house has 2 RM's including our WML, and three sisters two of which are going to be serving missions. They are LEGIT. There were about 15 people there total, including Declan our recent convert, and a non member friend named David. 

We taught about prayer. How we prayer, why we pray, and then finally... How does GOD want us to prayer? We talked about how we need to wrestle with ourselves, like Enos in the Book of Mormon, to find what God really needs us to pray for. What he NEEDS us to Need for ourselves. Not just our selfish desires, though He is mindful of those desires.

The Spirit was strong as. Everyone shared uplifting and amazing stories of the power of prayer saving lives, granting hope, and lifting pain. Tears were shed, and everyone felt good... at least I know Elder Worsencroft and I did!

IT WAS AMAZING. Learning to teach better, and more simply pays off. 


I promised I'd share about my camera. To me this was the most legit answer to a prayer I've had. After my camera broke I was a bit peeved, but I reckon it passed. I knew it'd be okay. I had really wanted to have it get fixed but I didn't know how. That Thursday we were informed that it could be fixed without paying but they weren't sure how to do it anymore.

So, Saturday came... we were at a family's house. The mum is named Pauline, they have two kids named Tanica and Haiden, and the husband is named Robert. They let us in straight away after two weeks of not seeing us (because they were on Holiday). Finally, we went for a tour of the place because members used to live there. We saw her HUGE rose garden and her little areas where her kids keep their rabbits. It was awesome. I took out my camera knowing it was broken. I had a thought come to my mind to push the lens (because the lens was stuck out and wouldn't shut.) As I did so, I turned the camera on... and next thing you know IT WORKED! Not even a dent or scratch on the lens. It works as well as it did the day I got it! WHAT AN AWESOME ANSWER TO A SIMPLE PRAYER IN MY HEART.


Prayer is power. God listens. I know he does.


Glad America is basically covered in SNOW! Better than ice I reckon...

Well, Love you all heaps.


( This photo was at that family's house where my camera was fixed miraculously. They invited us back to teach them the Gospel :))

-ELDER SARGEANT  

No comments:

Post a Comment