Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Batman in Tassie?!?!

G'day Mates!

This past week has been, well, interesting. I cannot go into grave detail of what happened but things have seemingly changed for the better. To explain just a little bit, I will say that the lessons learned on a mission far exceed the boundaries of the two years we serve. The obstacles we face in the mission field honestly shape us to be a smoother stone than we start out to be. I like to think of our journey in this life as a rock in a river. We start out smooth we were are born, innocent and growing. We start to go down the river and increase in speed as the amount of knowledge, responsibility, and challenges grow. We bump against other rocks, get rubbed into sand, and feel the pressure of overwhelming decisions. As we journey on our stone becomes less smooth, it cements with baggage of sin, pains, sufferings, and guilt. However, we are made smooth through the Savior. Each time our conglomerate of a rock (our lives) become seemingly full of burden and strife, our Father in Heaven can forgive us and make us smooth through the love and mercy of Jesus Christ. This is has become evident this past week, and I realize that our sufferings are for OUR benefit on this journey down the river to the waters of eternal life in heaven with our families. One thing I have learned: forgiveness comes through Christ, and we cannot be forgiven if we do not forgive ourselves, and those that offend us. The repentance process comes through that forgiveness that we feel for others and from our Father in Heaven through Christ, and that they are necessary for the improvements needed to become as Christ-like as we can.

For some interesting news, the West Elders in my area ( we are Launceston East, they are Launie West), have been Emergency transferred because of extenuating circumstances. This means that Elder Hosman and I are working together for the next 6 weeks over almost the entirety of the northern half of Tasmania. It's seemingly overwhelming and looking out to see the heaps of homes gets a bit scary, but I know that there is no commandment given, nor task given, that cannot be done. 1 Nephi 3:7 says" And I Nephi said unto my father, I will go and do the things which the Lord commands, for the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the things which he commandeth them." How true that is.

The next week will be focused on teaching as many lesson to recent converts, less-actives, and our new contacts, because we have basically no progressing investigators these days since our baptisms. Means HEAPS of work to do with eagerness in our hearts.

Oh, to explain the name of this email, we were out walking around the city centre talking to people and passing out cards/ copies of the Book of Mormon, when out of no where... BATMAN COMES WALKING DOWN THE STREET?! I reckon Tassie is full of the most interesting people in the world. Turns out that this Batman is a 18 year old kid who had a custom made Motor-bike suit turned into a Batman suit. It cost him nearly $4,000. He was the MAN though. We talked to him about the Gospel as well and gave him a card with our number on it.

I always was able to buy a Batman Belt buckle that looks legit. He was quite excited to see that I was wearing it.

OH! On another note, I was able to give a talk yesterday in church for the second time since I've been in Tassie. Since the other Elders were shipped out, I was assigned in place of the one who was originally called. I was between a girl who is preparing to serve a mission, and her older brother who just returned from his Mission in the Phillipines. It was quite the amazing experience to see the maturity of him and the seriousness put into her preparation for her mission. Makes me keen as for the next 21 months. I just reached my 3 month milestone on June 27th. It blows my mind how quick times goes, but makes me realize the urgency needed in our calling as ambassadors of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I love the work.

SHOUT OUT TO MY SISTER GABE AND ON HER ENGAGEMENT TO MARK DAVIS!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I best be getting a card board cut out and HEAPS of photos of the wedding when it happens. :)


Love you all, and on a side note, PLEASE MAKE IT KNOWN THAT ALL MAIL MUST BE SENT TO THE MISSION OFFICE AND NOT DIRECTLY TO ME INCASE OF TRANSFERS!!!!! My address is now, and will be from this moment on:

76 Cathies Lane
Wantirna South, Victoria 3152
Australia

Cheers!

With Love,
Elder Sargeant

No comments:

Post a Comment