Sunday, October 27, 2013

Summer Night and Chilly mornings (Oct 13)

G'day g'day, how ya goin? All goods? GOOD!


This past week has been an awesome experience. Never have I been so happy and blessed. We have been having a bit of a slow time here in Echuca since we're basically starting from the ground up, but it's been quite an experience! It's such an opportunity to really set the stage for how effective and diligent you are to the work of the Lord!


So, we were able to have some awesome things happen. FIRST 1) My Birthday. That was legit as and I reckon that no other birthday on the mission will be quite as good. 2) We were able to do some things I've never done before! For example, we visited heaps of less active members and were able to prune a vineyard, tried pickled onions (they left the most disgusting smelling breath I've ever experience in my life), make homemade ties, see a Brown snake, and wash people's windows. OH, I also learned how to make Fry bread which is a New Zealand meal where you simply... well... fry bread. I reckon it's fattening as but what can ya do? RUN HEAPS!
3) Our investigator named Thelma came to conference and LOVED IT!! She is progressing so well into the gospel and the members of the branch are just bringing her in so well.
4) I'm out serving the Lord... that's sweet as in itself aye? YESSIR!

Wait a second... da heck am I doing here!

MY BROTHA CHASE!!! MATE!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MISSION CALL TO HAMILTON NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!
My companion is from New Zealand you know? fair dinkum! You'll love it there. The culture is sweet as, the people are sweet as, you'll get fed heaps.. sweet as! And most importantly, you'll be working with some of the most humble and loving Sons and Daughters of God that are living on this earth. You'll learn amazing things in a culture that is completely foreign to you, and I reckon you'll meet my roommate RYAN HAMMAR! He's serving there as well! Aye, when you get a Lava-lava (you'll find out what that is when you go) SEND ME ONE AS WELL! MINE IS BREAKING! :(


Well, yes! Now that that is mentioned, we can continue with the past week.


So I've come to realize that the best part about my mission are those fun moments where you can walk down the dirt roads in the middle of the bush making the time and showing effort to those that you truly care about. Also... making fun of Australian Accents is quite entertaining as well. Not the really cool as ones that most people have, but the really bogan as ones that are super defined and hard. It's just hilarious for a couple blokes like my companion and me because we don't have aussie accents (yet... it's slowly coming I reckon) but we just mimic the things we've heard people say and laugh at ourselves. It's a great time, take my word for it.


Anyway, I just want to express my love for each of you who made this past week a blessing. I've never had so much love given to me because of a day that I was born. In all honesty, when I woke up it was just another day to me. I received calls from Sisters in our district, members in our branch, the Mission President, AP's (assisstants to the Mission President), and his wife, I received about (total) 50+ emails, a few precious letters, and time that made my day the best it could have possibly been. I hope you all know how much it meant to me. I hope one day to be able to help each of you feel even a fraction of the love that I felt that day. There really is no greater joy than the Love that is felt and expressed to and by others.


I Love this Gospel! I Love my Mission, I love AUSSIE! It's amazing meeting new people and having that hope burn in you that you can persuade them to try out the message you hold dearest to your heart. What's even better is seeing others progress! That's such a blessing. I reckon it brings great joy to Heavenly Father when he sees each of us standing in holy places and progressing as well!

 
Well, I gotta get off. I'm getting booted off soon. This next week will be bringing miracles as well. Conference was awesome and my favourite quote from it was this: "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." --Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

He's the man aye?

Hope all is well with you all! Turoo!!


Love,
Elder Sargeant




No comments:

Post a Comment